Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feel the Burn!

Two days of working out this week and it's only Thursday, I'm feeling pretty good about that!  Yesterday I went with my friend Melissa to the Central Market trail at 38 1/2 St. and it was a TON of fun!  We walked about 2 miles and tried the intervals i learned about in my belly melt book!  We power walked one lap, then started mixing in the intervals.  We did THREE sets of intervals for 5 minutes each so it got pretty intense!  There were stair steppers, lateral jumps, hopscotch and lunges...so 30 seconds of the interval followed by 30 seconds of power walking for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes of recovery and then all over again!  This helped us to keep a constant heart rate and burn more calories throughout our workout; the idea behind the intervals is to burn more calories in less time than a normal walking/jogging workout.  I definitely was feeling it which was a great feeling!  Afterwards, I headed home to clean the kitchen and start dinner.  I made a tilapia/crab/mushroom stir fry thing with rice and green beans, yum!  The man worked late again so we ate late which is unfortunate but at least it wasn't a fattening meal!  Tomorrow I am off to Fiesta Texas with my sister which means a day FULL of cardio, I am so excited!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Signing off,

Gettin' Fit and Legit!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment